About Me

My photo
working writer wending her way through the labyrinth that is self-publishing

Saturday, January 14, 2017

Endings--beginnings



Finally completed the latest book, Finlay's Folly. For some reason the edits have gone on and on, until I realized that there was still a deeper message to impart...read it to see what it is...

Endings are difficult, as are beginnings--the middle takes care of itself. I am glad to be finished, because I have two other stories that I want to begin, and yet, leaving all those characters, those places, the dilemmas they face and faced, is hard. But it is good to move on...

It's raining tonight, a rarity in the desert. I love it and long to hear the rain pounding on the roof. I thought I would have to water tomorrow, but instead mother nature came to my rescue. Full moon changes will lead to what? Thunder is rumbling--a thunderstorm tonight--not something I would have expected in mid January, and yet here it is. A change, something different. Can we roll with it and figure that whatever happens is for the best? Not
an easy thing.

Life is not all all what I thought it would be back when I was twenty. I've had to shift and change with it all--and still I cling to the past, just as the characters in my book hang on to theirs. Ghosts are a reminder of what we were, but they are not here and now. In order to move forward we have to let them go, let them be. Until we do that we will be unhappy and angry, afraid for our future and wondering--always wondering and worried. Why are things the way they are? Could we have done something to help? We are but one drop in an ocean. We do what we can, and then have to let go. The future is up to the ones who come after, always. And it will be what it is according to them and their wishes. What we knew, what we are, will die with us, just as the sun goes down every night and rises in the morning. Everything dies away and is reborn. How can we know what is right or wrong?

And so we move along our path, doing what we need to do until we can't do it anymore. Let that be all right. Don't get caught up in, I should have, I could have...do what you can in the moment. Allow space and BREATHE. It will all be as it is.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment