About Me

My photo
working writer wending her way through the labyrinth that is self-publishing

Monday, July 10, 2017

Good news!

I have been honored to have my work included in an anthology published by Crimson Cloak Publishing! The book is called The Rider and can be purchased on Amazon. I found the contest on the Internet and entered because it piqued my interest with its fantasy elements. We were to write a certain number of words and include within the story certain elements contained in a picture..very much like the picture of the cover I've included here. So much fun! My story is called 'The Awakening'. If you haven't heard of Crimson Cloak, check out their FB page and look into upcoming contests.

My second piece of good news is another of my short stories inclusion in the July issue of Gemini Magazine! I wasn't one of the winners but I was listed as one of several 'notable stories'! http://www.gemini-magazine.com/ It's called 'The Grove'.

And so in following up with all this...entering contests is a wonderful way to get your name and work out there. It's fun and can either be expensive or not depending on what you find as a contest. I have had several success stories with books even though I have yet to win or place. With all the writers and all the books I feel privileged to even have my name mentioned!

All you need do is go on the Internet and look up writing contests--and you can take it from there! Enjoy!

Thanks for reading!






No comments:

Post a Comment